MEDEFENSE® Plus is a uniquely effective insurance solution for healthcare providers facing many challenges, including those of Medicare and Medicaid billing audits and investigations. MEDEFENSE® Plus includes:
- Coverage for actual or alleged billing errors - Reimbursement of defense costs, fines and penalties, and shadow audit expenses incurred in billing error proceedings brought by federal or state governmental agencies, qui tam plaintiffs, contractors working on behalf of the government, such as ZPIC and RAC, and commercial payers.
- Coverage for other medical regulatory violations - Reimbursement of defense costs and fines and penalties incurred in HIPAA (Patient Privacy) Proceedings, EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act) Proceedings, and STARK (Physician Self-Referral) Proceedings.
- Broad policy language and free choice of counsel
- Payment for pre-approved shadow audits available
(NOTE: MEDEFENSE®; Plus can also be combined with our e-MD® cyber liability coverage).
AVP, Specialty Underwriting
- Full prior acts coverage available
- Broad definition of billing errors
- Coverage for proceedings brought by governmental and commercial payers and qui tam plaintiffs
- Up to $100,000 legal expense coverage available for disciplinary proceedings brought by a state Medical Board may be available
- MEDEFENSE® Plus may be combined with e-MD® Cyber Liability coverage
Can be combined with e-MD® coverage
Limits and Target Classes
Minimum Premium: $1,725
Minimum Deductible: $2,500
- Physician groups
- Allied health facilities
- Long term care facilities
- Mental health facilities
- Solo physicians
- Home healthcare agencies
- Ambulance service companies
- Durable medical providers
FEBRUARY 14 WEBINAR (Recorded)
The Increasing Role of Government in Healthcare Regulation
MEDEFENSE®; Plus is also available to medical professional liability carriers as a reinsured program by NAS. It can be combined with our e-MD®; Cyber Liability to provide a comprehensive solution to physicians, physician groups, hospitals, and allied healthcare providers, as well.
For more information about our Reinsurance programs, please contact Desiree Khoury, Reinsurance Manager.
MEDEFENSE Plus Highlight Sheet
MEDEFENSE Plus Reinsurance Product Highlight
MEDEFENSE and eMD Combined Application
MEDEFENSE and eMD for Large Healthcare Facilities
MEDEFENSE for Hospitals Application